Monday 26 November 2012

Things 12 - Putting the social into social media

Whilst trying not to repeat things I've said previously, I'm all for social media within limits. Even in the last few months I've noticed Facebook has become more and more integrated e.g. it's almost expected that a phone app will link to Facebook in some way. Whilst I still only use it on a personal level to interact with people I have actually met, it has allowed contact with past friends that I might not otherwise have had.

Recently by following the threads on a new community forum, I've discovered a possible book group to attend - something I've previously searched in vain for.

I still haven't managed to be a regular poster on Twitter, but am definitely now positive about its ability to spread the word having learnt about a lot of things I would otherwise have remained ignorant of. We've also been setting ourselves reminders at work to tweet as the library- which I've been partly successful at, although it tends to be a lot or nothing.

I have always been a lurker (!) and will probably remain so for some time, as much as I psyche myself up occasionally to post a comment or response. But I think as myself as proof that even thought you might not realise it, people are watching/listening - which is both an encouragement and warning!

1 comment:

  1. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my debt consolidation. They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete