Tuesday 5 June 2012

Thing 5 - Reflective practice

'Reflective practice' always makes me think of the last sheet of A3 paper in HE or CDT projects at school, where we had to write an 'evaluation' (imagine the bubble letters).

Anyway, I know where our books on reflective practice live at work; I recognise the key names; I'm just not very good at doing it formally. We are a small team at work and whilst I'll contribute to review discussions and often find myself thinking or saying to colleagues "that worked well" or "next time I will...", I don't write a lot down.

However, I am going to try and change this. I liked Electric Silverfish's post about making notes throughout the day and summarising them at the end and the example given by Graduate Library Trainee. I'm going to try and keep electronic notes and compile them into a professional journal. I think it will benefit me in several ways, not least by helping to remind myself why something did or didn't work previously rather than me go through it again (I'm thinking particularly about the configuration of our OPAC here, which I have wasted many hours on!).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment